Como quieras
Wednesday, May 18, 2005
  Refettorio


My flatmate tried to book Locanda Locatelli for her birthday dinner but being last-minute, could only get a table for 10 pm. Being a school night and all, she decided instead to have it at Refettorio, Giorgio Locatelli’s other venture in the City.

Since I have never been to LL, I can’t really compare the food but Refettorio was well... decent. Ravioli with smoked mozzarella and sundried tomatoes was yum, but all the other stuff was just average, or only slightly above average – eg the roast guinea fowl which looked nice enough on the plate (see picture) but was a tad too chewy and really quite normal. The pan-fried beef fillet with herb crust served with mushrooms was done just right but none of us felt that it was particularly special. The sorbet was quite refreshing, but again nothing particularly wow.

The place, relatively speaking (this is a hotel restaurant after all), was not ridiculously expensive – starters and pastas between £7-11.50 and mains between £16-21.50, desserts £5. The bill came to about £40 pp (including a nice cocktail and 2.5 courses each, water and service) and I suppose I wouldn’t mind going if I worked nearby and was on an expense account like the other suited diners. But since I don’t and I have so many more restaurants to try before I leave London, I doubt I’ll be back.

_____________________
Refettorio
Crowne Plaza London
19 New Bridge Street
London EC4V 6DB
Tel: +44 (0)20 7438 8055
_____________________
 
Comments:
Yum, that looks good. I'm a hungry college kid, so pizza is a treat for me. That stuff is non-existant.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
"To see what is in front of one's nose needs a constant struggle." -G.O.

ARCHIVES
April 2005 / May 2005 / June 2005 / August 2005 / January 2006 / July 2006 / October 2007 / March 2008 / April 2008 / May 2008 / March 2011 / April 2011 / January 2012 /


Powered by Blogger